Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lottery Winner Blows Millions.. Almost Broke Again

Six years ago in the UK a 16 year old girl won about $3 million, and has blown almost all of it and wishes she had never won it to start with. Callie Rogers won the lottery and instantly started spending, wasting her money on fancy cars, breast implants, drugs and parties. She said that just on designer clothes she spent over $730,000. Rogers now wishes she never would have won the money and if she knew then what she knows now she would have given it all back. Just 6 years after her win she only has $32,000 left.

I have a hard time sympathising with this girl, I cant help but wonder where were the parents to help guide this young adult with her spending? I mean $3 million to a teenager is like putting a hungry kid in a huge candy store. Of course you want everything because you can, at 16 I highly doubt she knew what was truly important with money management. Given the chance I would gladly try my hand at managing my lottery winnings. What would you do if you won that kind of cash?